Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Frankie love



Images from Frankie.com.au

Its my favourite day of every second month… the new Frankie magazine is out. Its issue 35 of what I can bet has been 35 amazing issues. I only started collecting it in its early 20’s but have not missed an issue since. I did even bid on some older issues on eBay but alas was not victorious (they went for a small fortune).

If you haven’t read an issue of Frankie before I suggest you immediately stop whatever it is you are doing, skip to your nearest newsagent or Borders and pick yourself up a copy. I can assure you you will be lining up in 2 months for the next one… and hey, for $8.95 it’s worth the gamble if you don’t believe me.

Although I have only just gotten back from my lunch break with Frankie in hand I did manage to get my sneak peek flick through before I read it on the train… and as usual it put a smile on my face.

This issue there is so much wonderful stuff… There’s 2 pages full of cute tea towels, a piece on cool old school caravans, a review of 8 different brands of red lipstick, a fashion shoot called “The Adventures of Rufus and Clara” (Rufus is a guy in a bear suit), a recipe for homemade fish pie and even a piece on vintage frocks by Nicole Jenkins of Circa Vintage and author of “Love Vintage”. And all that is just the things that caught my eye as I was flicking through… there is plenty more Frankie goodness filling its beautiful pages.

If you are not in Australia or New Zealand do not fret you can still check out the Frankie website or even try eBay.



7 comments:

  1. I have #15 and #18. I'm not much of a magazine kind of gal, to tell the truth.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, those issues are sold out... back issues and all. I'm not really a magazine girl usually but I love Frankie... and anything to entertain me on public transport is a plus :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never heard of this mag but it looks really cool. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you don't see it everywhere... but you definitely won't regret checking it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to check out the website today- sounds brilliant- thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lived in Sydney for almost 8 months back in 2006. I regret that I never picked up a copy of Frankie or Karen when I had the chance. My excuse is that I was working so hard that I never got to check out the local magazines, amongst other things. I did, however, indulge in a copy or two of Madison, just for a lark (and for that there really is no excuse). My bad...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work. grace and frankie season 5

    ReplyDelete